Video on Demand
Compaq and Oracle
Based on products from recognized hardware and software suppliers a complete "Video On Demand" system was developed and installed in a large business and residential community.
The system was recently delivered and uses state of the art technology, including Personal Computers and standard low cost set-up boxes for the user to make a VIDEO selection.
The system is based on a standard Oracle Database system, and can easily be extended to include additional customized features.
It can handle a vast volume of requests based on the current industrial specifications.
Furthermore the system-design was done considering the following criteria:
- Full Client/Server Environment
- Operating System (OS-platform) independent
- Scalable platform(s) support
- Support of a Database of nearly any size
- Flexible Security System features
- Build-in safety options in case of hardware and/or software failures
- Build-in Internet feature capabilities
- Support of Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Powerfull and flexible capability for report generation